Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Maybe things are slowing down

Even though I got Watermark up last weekend, I've been crazy busy.  Work has been killer, scheduled activities worse, and fatherhood took up most of the rest of the free time.

Work should slow down a little as we got the major problem solved.  I'm trying to schedule more activies (Rock Band Party 5.5 and VI are on the board), but we're taking a break from them after this weekend.  Fatherhood, well, that never ends.

All that was written to say that I haven't had much time to work on new music prep.  Corpse Bride is one of the harder pieces I've tackled, but mostly I think it's because it's in an unfamiliar key (sorta).  I think it's actually written in C (no flats) or B flat (1 flat) -can't recall exactly-, but there are accidentals all over the place and I've not played on the black keys quite so often before.  The bass line is a little tricky, but it's similiar to The Rose and Watermark, so it's not too terrible.  It also looks like the second half isn't as bad as the first.  The problem is I'm less than 25% done.

Anyway, pieces I'll be trying to post in the next few weeks will be Musette, The Rose, or I might put up Beethoven's "Moonlight" sonata with errors.  

That's the update.  Piano class later.

No comments:

Post a Comment