Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Longest lesson that didn't amount to much

Last week my piano lesson was cancelled since Larry got a flat tire and couldn't make it back home in time.  No big deal as he just planned on making it up this week, and we nearly always run 15 to twenty minutes long every week anyway.

This week I made the mistake of asking if I should be practicing scales each week.  His answer was "Absolutely" followed up by a 30 minute diatribe, er monologue, on technique practice.

He's correct, of course, but he could have shortened the lecture by 25 minutes and I would have understood.  

On the positive side, he was very impressed with Watermark finding only a few flaws (bring out the melody more; read the music so I don't get lost.. shocking, I know.)

He didn't give me a new piece, but suggested I start work on Clair de Lune.  Yikes.  Even if I start, don't look for that posted on here for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment